Thursday, September 1, 2011

Writing Survey and Week 2 Overview

This week I started administering pre-intervention surveys to our 4th and 5th grade teachers and I plan to survey our lower level teachers in the near future.  Although I haven't received a great deal of feedback in the first few days, I hope to collect as much information possible addressing the concerns of our teachers.  Also in the near future I plan to survey our students to get an idea of their concerns and ideas.  During my week 2 research class, I learned from other administrators across the state that active research should be ongoing and beneficial to campus needs.  Dr. Lewis, Pasadena ISD Superintendent, suggested one should use research completed by other districts and adapt it to fit the vision of your campus or district.  It is my goal to collaborate with districts in my area who have faced similar challenges regarding low performing student sub-groups. 

The following is a link to a survey for teachers/administrators in other districts to complete.  This data would allow me to analyze what other schools are doing to increase effectiveness.  Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Link to Writing Survey

No comments:

Post a Comment